OUR PRACTICE AREAS
Located in Mesa and Tucson, Arizona, HPS Law Group is here to help and has all the right resources for your startup or small business to help you on the way.
We serve entrepreneurs and startups throughout the United States with Patents & Trademarks. We will protect you and your business from the start, so feel free to reach out to us for your initial consultation.
We understand what it takes to get your company going. Whether it be a technology startup, or selling on Amazon there are inherent risks. We can help you mitigate these risks and protect you and your business. We offer flat fee services for Patents, Trademarks, Business Formation, and Asset Protection. Our Business Attorneys, Patent Attorneys, Trademark Attorneys, and Estate Planning Attorneys know what it takes to accelerate your business and protect our inventions and brands. Click on the questions below to see what services we provide to our clients.
DO YOU HAVE A STARTUP OR BUSINESS?
STARTUPS AND SMALL BUSINESSES
- Entity Formation (LLC, C-Corp, Non-Profit, etc)
- Startup Counseling
- Operating Agreements
- Employee Agreements
- Contractor Agreements
- Registered Agent Services
- Articles of Amendment
- Articles of Dissolution
- Angel and venture capital financing
- Licensing and other technology transactions
- Stock Purchase Agreements and other Founder Agreements
- Stock Option Plans and related documentation
- Structuring of equity ownership, including vesting issues
- Commercial Contracts
- Corporate Governance, including board of director matters’/voting agreements
- Private Placement Memorandum
- Seed Financing (including friends & family)
- Restructurings and recapitalizations
- Debt/loan transaction
- Leverage Buy-outs
- Sale of Business
DO YOU HAVE AN INVENTION?
- Provisional Patent Applications
- Non-Provisional Patent Applications
- PCT Patent Applications (International)
- Design Patent Applications
- Global Portfolio Management
- Foreign Filing Licenses
- Patent Appeals and Interferences
- Innovation Counseling
- Technology Transfer
- Invalidity Opinions
- Non-infringement Opinions
- Freedom-to-Operate Opinions
- Patentability Opinions – Prior Art Search
DO YOU HAVE A BRAND?
TRADEMARK & TRADE DRESS
- Trademark Knockout Report
- Trademark Filing & U.S. Representation
- Office Action Response
- Statement of Use
- Trademark Revival
- International (Madrid Protocol Filings) Trademark
- Trademark Monitoring
- Opposition/Cancellation Proceedings
- Add Class via Amendment
- Cease and Desist
- Assignment and Recordation
DO YOU HAVE AN ORIGINAL WORK?
- Copyright Registration
- The Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) Takedowns
- Cease and Desist Letters
- Licenings of Derivative Works and Compilations
- Assignment (Film, Media, Music, Etc.)
- Collaboration Agreements
DO YOU NEED AN IP AGREEMENT?
- Non-Disclosure Agreements
- Joint Development and Venture Agreements
- Non-Compete Agreements
- Work for Hire Agreements
- Technology Transfer
- Assignment Agreement
DO YOU NEED AN ESTATE PLAN?
- Trust (revocable, irrevocable, charitable, special needs)
- Estate Planning
- Durable Health Power of Attorney
- Durable Financial Power of Attorney
- Advance Directive
- Gun Trust
- Advance Directive/living will
- HIPAA Release Authorization
If you own a business, your brand is an invaluable asset that you must build and protect from others piggy-backing of the good-will your brand has created. Registering and enforcing your trademark will create substantial value...
Just because you’re starting a small business doesn’t mean that you want your business to stay small. Depending on what you want to market, you may envision your business growing into something much bigger. A “startup” can be any company in the early stages of...
When you start a new business the last thing you are thinking about is whether you need to hire an attorney. Usually a new business owner would not consider hiring an attorney until they are in desperate need for one. For most new business owners, hiring an attorney...
Get In Touch
123 North Centennial Way
Mesa, AZ 85201